Nominations for UFT Solidarity Council are Open!
Council is the “Executive Board” of Solidarity Caucus of the United Federation of Teachers (UFT). We welcome educators of all backgrounds to be a part of our caucus and help our caucus move forward. We welcome diverse candidates to be a part of our caucus and run for Council.
Our desired qualities for a Council member is someone who:
– Agrees with our mission statement (see: https://solidarityuft.org/?page_id=6054)
– Presently works or formerly worked in the Department of Education and is/was a member of the United Federation of Teachers (UFT).
– Is a Team player.
– Would define themselves as being reflective, open to new ideas, and flexible.
– Open to working with members of other caucuses and groups who have different points of view for the betterment of our membership.
– Demonstrates a willingness to use social media to communicate with other Council members weekly.
– Is willing to collaborate on and plan events and activities in the community to support our members and help UFT Solidarity grow.
The Nomination Period will be from May 10 to 11:59 PM on May 24. At that time this form will be locked and we will not accept any more nominations!!!
Once the top candidates are selected, we will open voting.